A new type of voice is needed to reach the NCUA regarding its budgeting practices
The Ohio Credit Union League certainly knows how to write a letter where the good stuff is buried in the BS… no wonder no one really reads these kinds of comments! Think they should have just sent some HEADLINES or QUOTES they are planning for their local papers, and been done with it. Here it is translated:
- The CUs and their employees are pissed that the NCUA has no self-control, or awareness of how they justify stealing income from the mouths of the citizens of Ohio that employee so many in serving even more.
- Please excuse the false praise included in the third paragraph of our comment – it is just the BS that you expect to read, before you, the NCUA, blow us off.
- You are killing us with a death of a thousand cuts, endless annual increases doled out like you do not think we can do the math for the last 10 years. 57% increase in an era of CU consolidation and an NCUA response that puts more and more on CU third party commentators so the NCUA can just validate the work of others instead of being a real vendor to the industry.
- While you promise the innovation that you claim will be the effective solution to lower overhead, you all know this is double speak for just increasing your budget for painful mismanaged change that only a government agency could abide.
- Please disregard any hope that the NCUA remains a separate entity from the other agencies, for almost anything would better than having to survive your incompetence in the financial management of our industry. While we long for independence, it might be better to suffer new government approaches.
- We end with BS that could only be typed, because we could not verbalize these words aloud without choking.
In short, WE do not accept your budget, your thinking, or your taxing of our system without representation or a process that better allows us a voice in the selection of our representation.